Sunday 17 August 2008

Pop Foto, July 1982: Annifrid gives it a try without ABBA

An article from Dutch magazine Pop Foto about Frida's upcoming solo album Something's Going On.
For months, Annifrid Lyngstad had been playing with the idea to record a solo album, apart from her ABBA-activities. And that album is on its way now. A record without ABBA, but with several other famous people...

August will be an important month for ABBA’s Annifrid Lyngstad. Because in that month her new solo album ‘Something’s Going On’ will be released.
Annifrid: “With this album, I want to show that I can manage very well without ABBA. It was a conscious decision on my part to collaborate with people who don’t have anything to do with ABBA. Genesis-drummer Phil Collins for example, who was the centre of attention last year with his solo project ‘In The Air Tonight’, is now producing my record. Apart from that, the eleven tracks that are on this album are written by several celebrities. The track ‘The Way You Do’ for instance is by Bryan Ferry, ‘I Know There’s Something Going On’ by Russ Ballard, ‘Tell Me It’s Over’ by Steven Bishop and ‘Baby Don’t You Cry No More’ by Rod Argent. And there are a lot more outstanding songs on there. By the way, the song ‘I Know There’s Something Going On’ will be released as a single and should be out in the shops around the world at the end of July. The album will follow one month later.”

Annifrid took a while to catch her breath before she continued:
“Then I will have a terribly busy time ahead. Because I will have to promote my records everywhere. I will be in Holland for that on October the second and third. Among other things, recordings will be made for television broadcasts. Will ABBA’s activities suffer because of all this? No, not at all. At the moment, Björn and Benny are working very hard in the studio on a live-album, that should be released at the end of November. It’s going to be a double-album, consisting of the best parts of our concerts. That’s really something for the fans, because they haven’t got a live-album yet. Of course, I hope they will be equally happy with my solo records and that they, just like me, will say: see, that Annifrid can manage on her own as well!”

No comments: